SUSS MicroOptics manufactures custom monolidivic micro-optics at wafer level in silicon and fused silica by using reactive ion etching (RIE) to transfer dive required structures to dive substrate. divis technique provides excellent resolution and uniformity and enables complex forms to be incorporated, such as trenches, cavities, pedestals, alignment points and identification marks. Components can be AR Coated and /or metallized and delivered in a range of formats.
We provide design support, feasibility studies, prototyping and volume production.
Fiber & Pic Waveguide Couplers
Beam homogenizers - imaging & non-imaging
Slow Axis Collimators
Diffractive optical elements (DOEs) can be used instead of microlenses where size or weight in an application is a concern. They are also excellent beam homogenizers and shapers and – unlike their microlens counterparts – have no shape constraint for the illumination they produce.
We offer design advice for DOEs and options for trialing ideas before finalizing the element specifications.
- Materials: fused silica (various grades) and silicon
- 2 (binary) to 16 levels
- Typ. overlay error < 70 nm
- Minimum feature size: 500 nm to 1 μm depending on step height and/or etch depths
- Efficiency: up to 98 %
Nipkow- and Pinhole Discs
We manufacture high quality Nipkow and pinhole discs, integral components of confocal microscopes. Our discs support the generation of high contrast, sharply focused images and 3D reconstructions of biological and other miniature difficult-to-image structures. Our parts form the backbone of many of the world's leading systems.
- Delivery options – various choices depending on volume and customer requirement, including tubes, membrane boxes and tape.
- Metrology – a standard report is provided with each delivery and additional measurements can be carried out on request.
- Coatings & metallization – single and broadband antireflective (AR) coatings across most wavelength bands are available, as are chromium, black chromium and aluminium coatings; other coatings may be possible on request.
- Alignment & identification marks
- Design suppor – we offer advice to streamline designs for feasibility and prototyping through to volume.
- Quantity – we manufacture on wafer level and can deliver from a few pieces to full production line volumes.