SUSS MicroOptics SA is part of the SUSS MicroTec Group (100%) and a leading manufacturer of microoptical components and systems for a broad range of industries. We are currently employing 70 people and are growing steadily. Applications of our microoptics can be found in the following industries: medical, semiconductor, telecom, datacom, optical sensing and research. All manufacturing takes place in-house. SUSS MicroOptics has a state-of-the-art cleanroom for fabricating microoptics on 200mm wafers. We are located in the beautiful Swiss three-lake region in the town Hauterive, Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Be the key contact for assigned customers and generate steady revenue to meet sales targets
- Identify sales opportunities within existing accounts and with new customers, and bring these opportunities to fruition
- Establish customers' needs and demonstrate benefits of SUSS products to them; this involves providing technical details and explanations
- Collaborate closely with R&D, Production and other departments to determine technical feasibility and options
- Write customized quotations and, upon receipt of order, monitor that projects for assigned customers are on track
- Support and collaborate with other team members, e.g. to organise participation in trade shows, internal reviews and team meetings, and cover during absences
- Work with the Legal team to ensure that legal questions are addressed adequately
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor degree or higher in a relevant field, i.e. optics, engineering or physics; additional qualifications or experience in business and project management are a plus
- A good knowledge of technical optics, microoptics and the optics market
- Ability to grasp technical topics quickly and explain them clearly
- Several years’ experience in a global Sales team working with an international customer base
- Fluency in spoken and written English; other languages are an asset
- Ease in personal contact; excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure and without direct supervision
- Enjoy working with people and in a team: friendly and confident manner, pleasant personality
We work in an informal, multi-cultural environment where you will have the opportunity to develop and sell new solutions. SUSS MicroOptics is based in Hauterive, Switzerland, and you will be expected to be based here.
To apply for this position, please send us your cover letter and CV.
Swiss and EU applicants only.